I can't believe it...watever has happened to me? I was so shocked that my team got into the iCEE project..i guess all fo us were expecting to just finish the project and get on with our normal lives....and
1st Wow: We got shortlisted for the KPMG iCEE award presentation.
I was lost for words. Was actually rushing my marketing project when one of my team mates called me on my mobile. She was askign me if I had visited Edventure...I said no...then she said we actually got selected for the award presentation....I was stunned....not willing to believe it, I went to check out myself...there it is.....all our names....I was like thinking....erm...maybe we are there for compulsory attendance at the presentation and they haven announced the shortlisted teams yet...but further confirmation nailed it as the truth....of course i was estatic....but it means that we have shorter time to prepare for the presentation...and i still have my marketing project presentation on monday....Felt so burdened.....then when i went for the briefing with the tutor, saw more stunned faces around the room....everybody was just so surprised about the news.....
Talking about the marketing project...yes...got a B again....something u can expect from my marketing tutor...her grades for our class seemed to start at B then onwards....but the case presentation after us got an A-.....haiz...its like she's not opened to other ideas...and dunnoe how she managed to survive in marketing industry if she is so not receptive of new creative ideas...all she thinks about is high end products like Chanel....Prada...Gucci....excuse me...not all marketing is about branded product so snap back to reality alright? oh...and i think her comment for one of my friend's marketing project was totally bloody unreasonable....they were doing something like a cafe with a room for board games...then the tutor was saying..."a cafe is a cafe...how can you have a room in the cafe? it will be more like a country club it you put a room there....cafe DO NOT have a separate room in it"...Oh my god...her brainlessness is at work again....i dun see why cafe cannot have an area for board games...its like she is living in the past....this is the new concept now...to incorporate other elements into the pastime of drinking coffee and she doesn't noe? And she is a marketing teacher for goodness sake...and my friend was like saying when she complain to her mum...her mum said " a? then how come the library nowadays also have cafe or areas for people to drink beverages when they read? Isn't lib just for reading???" I thought that can be used as a defence....but as my Tutor is in too deep into her own world where she is surrounded by branded goods, no amount of reasonable argument can change her stand.....and she is hust so dumb enough to pass us evaluation forms to evaluate her....i went around asking and apparently, my class is the only one who received the eval forms to eval on her performance...and hence my msn nick "Payback Time!"....revenge has never been so sweet for the marketing group who were the first to present....I was really impressed by their efforts to make a very zai website and a very zai video but that stoopid tutor have to give them a B-.....its like What???? didnt event recognise the hard work that they put in...doesnt she noe that putting up a website and a video is also a technique of marketing? and she had the cheek to tell them that she gives marks for the slides....crazy woman....begone!....So when one of the team member received the eval form last week, she began to scribble furiously.....I was sitting next to her...she wasn't done when I finished on mine.....I turned to look at her eval form....it was rather hilarious....under the heading of "hightlight the tutor's strengths", she put a dash...then proceeded to produce an essay under the heading of " Improvements for the tutor".....muahaha.....i was almost rolling on the floor with laughter...guess revenge was really sweet for her...okie....enough about this....let me narrate the events that happened on the iCEE award presentation day....
I guess it was a rather suay day for all my team members....to start with me....i went to school at 8+ am to print the notes....then i found a thumbdrive which was accidentally left by the owner....i have to wiat for my sister so i waited till 12 pm but nobody came to collect..i decided to hand it to the lab assistants but they went out for lunch...so ended up taking the thumbdrive home...haiz....they just have to go for lunch when i need to look for them....then when I reached home....rest a while...changed and prepare to rush out as I was already late....my white cat was missing. Then we have to search the whole house for him...no sign. In the end, my sister was woken up from her afternoon nap by the din i was causing and stomped out of the house to look for him....that stoopid cat...just have to escape on such an important day...but anyway....I went down to suntec without finding him....
When i arrived....was told by my team leader that he too had a very suay day...okie...i think it's 10 times more suay than mine....he had AB214 presentation that day.....he went of the house wearing a suit and.....horrors of horrors...sports shoes!!!! he totally forgot to change into his black shoes....then nevermind....when it is his turn to present, his powerpoint file could not open....that is so super suay....he had to go try opening it at the other IT labs.....as he is going to suntec straight from school, he borrowed shoes from his friend whose feet are much larger then his...he is like wearing 2 boats instead of shoes....My another team mate was quite suay too...she specially went somewhere to buy something but didn't manage to get it...aiyo...it can be quite frustrating.....then...at Suntec....when we were going up to the conference room, my team leader almost got up the worng escalator...coz...its like if your day started with so many super suay events, then probably your day will end quite well....so we were like laughing if he falls flat on his face at the escalator, we will probably win the award presentation...haha.....
During the award presentation...everything went quite smoothly....actually i thought my group have too much information on the slides but we still managed to get second place...yay....the team who won were really good...there slides were very clear and i guess everybody could follow their presentation quite easily...they were strong....I was very happy with the prize...kinokuniya vouchers....just what i needed......guess whoever was buying the prizes could read my mind...wooh...psychic....
hmm.....I still cannot believe that this sem can be such a fruitful one....with the award presentation and all...but i must really apologize for not putting enough effort in the iCEE project...feel that all my other team member really put in 110% into the project....when i heard that we won second place...the first thing that popped into my mind was I didn't deserve it....Seriously, I have never felt so underworked for a project.....its like until now, I'm still not very in the know of what the entire project is about...haiz....so now....whenever i looked at the vouchers, there is still this sense of guilt that surfaces within me...so well done guys...i really think the project wouldnt have been so well done without you all...big hugs!
Cheers Sem 8 Team 7
-estatic 2 guilt-
Friday, March 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment